Summer Fun: Parks and Paddling is one of my most popular blog posts and, rather unsurprisingly, has had alot of hits this past weekend! So here is the latest info for this season…
● Cassiobury Park paddling pool: closed for refurbishment
● Verulamium Splash Park: Now open 10-6pm daily until Sunday 11th September 2016 www.stalbans.gov.uk/community-and-living/communityleisure/play_areas/splashpark.aspx
● London colney (Morris Way) paddling pool: opens 28th May. No further info.
● Paradise Wildlife Park lagoon: Now open daily. This is part of the wildlife park (no separate entry)- admission costs apply www.pwpark.com
● Leighton Buzzard splash park and beach: Now open 10am-6pm daily www.leightonlinslade-tc.gov.uk
● Ruislip Lido: Now open daily until end of September www.hillingdon.gov.uk/ruisliplido
Of course there are many others in and around Hertfordshire, this is not a comprehensive list! Others I have heard of but never visited are Harpenden outdoor pool, Letchworth splash park/ paddling pool and Hitchin outdoor pool. Plus, of course, there is natural water play such as the stream at Wheathampstead, Stanborough or Cassiobury and plenty of beaches within an hour or two (driving or train) too!
Leighton Buzzard Splash Park