Today, 20th March, is International Day of Happiness. This year’s theme is Share Happiness – focusing on the importance of relationships, kindness and helping each other.
I created this reminder of actions we can take to help ourselves, and others, to feel good…
This was inspired by ideas from the Action for Happiness website, which has plenty of other ideas and resources too. I printed off some of my favourites for us to display at home…
Squiggle also wrote her own message too…
What will you do today for International Day of Happiness? Leave me a comment!
Today marks the start of the #30DaysWild challenge, which continues throughout June. For those who don’t already know, this is organised by The Wildlife Trusts; the purpose is to bring people closer to nature and to connect with the natural environment.
Day one: ‘Nature Growing Wild In Our Garden’.
Firstly, Squiggle and I discussed what the challenge is and came up with ideas for future activities. We decided that for today we would go out into the garden to look at the plants and flowers growing naturally, then take some photos to share.
Squiggle’s collage of photos she took herself today.
Squiggle decided she wanted to share her photos with everyone and chose to present them as both a collage and a video clip.
Squiggle created this video clip herself using the nature photos she took today in our garden. She was very keen to have varied and colourful backgrounds for each photo, which makes her video clip somewhat interesting and unique. I feel this matches her personality very well- and I love the fact that her finished work is a true reflection of herself!
“All our lives are better if they are abit wild.” ~ The Wildlife Trusts
Summer Fun: Parks and Paddling is one of my most popular blog posts and, rather unsurprisingly, has had alot of hits this past weekend! So here is the latest info for this season…
● Cassiobury Park paddling pool: closed for refurbishment
● Verulamium Splash Park: Now open 10-6pm daily until Sunday 11th September 2016 www.stalbans.gov.uk/community-and-living/communityleisure/play_areas/splashpark.aspx
● London colney (Morris Way) paddling pool: opens 28th May. No further info.
● Paradise Wildlife Park lagoon: Now open daily. This is part of the wildlife park (no separate entry)- admission costs apply www.pwpark.com
● Leighton Buzzard splash park and beach: Now open 10am-6pm daily www.leightonlinslade-tc.gov.uk
● Ruislip Lido: Now open daily until end of September www.hillingdon.gov.uk/ruisliplido
Of course there are many others in and around Hertfordshire, this is not a comprehensive list! Others I have heard of but never visited are Harpenden outdoor pool, Letchworth splash park/ paddling pool and Hitchin outdoor pool. Plus, of course, there is natural water play such as the stream at Wheathampstead, Stanborough or Cassiobury and plenty of beaches within an hour or two (driving or train) too!
Leighton Buzzard Splash Park