Squiggle loves splashing around in splash parks and paddling pools each summer. Therefore I always try to find out the last opening information for paddling pools and splash parks in Herts and surrounding areas. I will try to remember to update this each spring if I can! So if you live in or around Hertfordshire, do check these out…
● Cassiobury Park paddling pool: closed for 2020 due to Covid. Usually opens from 10am – 6pm everyday throughout summer until September.
● Verulamium Splash Park: Closed this year due to Covid but usually open 10-6pm daily from May – September. www.stalbans.gov.uk/community-and-living/communityleisure/play_areas/splashpark.aspx
● London colney (Morris Way) paddling pool: No further info about opening times this year.
● Paradise Wildlife Park lagoon: This is part of the wildlife park (no separate entry)- admission costs apply www.pwpark.com
● Leighton Buzzard splash park and beach: www.leightonlinslade-tc.gov.uk
● Ruislip Lido: Usually open daily from April until end of September. However, the entire beach area is currently closed due to covid. www.hillingdon.gov.uk/ruisliplido
● NEW for 2020! Stanborough Splashlands. Booking in advance via Better app. Further information can be found on Stanborough Park facebook page. Blog post coming soon!
Of course there are many other paddling pool and splash parks in and around Hertfordshire, this is not a comprehensive list! Others I have heard of but never visited are Harpenden outdoor pool, Letchworth splash park/ paddling pool (which I believe maybe open this year 2020), Hemel Gadebridge park splash park, and Hitchin outdoor pool.
Plus, of course, there is natural water play; such as the stream at Wheathampstead, Stanborough or Cassiobury. And plenty of beaches within an hour or two (driving or train) too!
Leighton Buzzard Splash Park
If you have any further information about Paddling Pools and Splash Parks in Herts (and surrounding area) please do let me know.