I received an email from Grow Wild (Kew Gardens) recently all about fungi. There are free downloads on their website with lots of interesting information and even a fun(gi) quiz to do too! So I decided my challenge for today would be to do a mini project on fungi, then share with you some of the fascinating facts I learned!
So here are 5 cool things you might not have known about fungi…
- Fungi is closer to a creature than a plant.
- Fungi can be found in space!
- We depend on fungi to survive.
- Fungi has been around for millions of years; it preceeds dinosaurs.
- Chocolate, amongst other food and drink, contains fungus!
Here is an ode to fungi too…
1 thought on “Fungi Facts – #30DaysWild”
This is really interesting! I knew that we depend on fungi to survive. But what’s really interesting and what I didn’t know is that fungi has been around for millions of years; that it preceeds dinosaurs! thanks for sharing this!