Parenting is hard. And it is easy to focus on the mistakes we make, the things we haven’t done and the things we could do better. All too often we criticise ourselves, and give ourselves a hard time, rather than celebrating our own achievements as a parent, the things we did right and how much we actually rock! So I really appreciate both Mama Wilkos and The Baby Boat Diaries tagging me to write this post about the reasons why I am, in fact, rocking motherhood…
- I know my child. Ok, this sounds like I am stating the obvious, I’ll admit. But she is a very complex child with some major additional needs, and I really get her. It doesn’t always make it any easier to deal with of course, but at least I understand exactly where she is coming from!
- I am her mum, teacher, friend and therapist. I am her rock. I am even her business partner! I do my best to be absolutely everything she needs me to be.
- I have taught myself the extra skills that I need to support her as fully as I possibly can with her needs, including CBT.
- I have adapted our lifestyle and carved out our own path to better suit her unique needs, even though it isn’t always easy to go against the grain.
- I support her in finding and developing her true passions in life, and to follow her interests.
- I give her the freedom to learn at her own pace, and allow her the time and space to enjoy a raw simple childhood.
- I teach her to be comfortable and confident with herself and who she is.
- I make sure she is never afraid to fail or try out new ideas.
- I help her to be a solution-focused, free thinker who throws away the box completely!
- I nurture her sense of wonder and exploration of our natural environment and the world around us, and teach her how to protect it.
I tag the following awesome mamas to take part in this challenge too!
- Thank the blogger(s) who tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother (This is just a guideline, it can be more or less, I really don’t mind)
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.